Opening Quotes.

Use anger to throw them into disarray, humility to make them haughty.

Tire them by flight, cause diversion amongst them.

Attack when they are ill prepared, move when they do not expect it.

Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness.

Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness.

Do this and you will direct your opponent’s fate.

Sun Tzu

The Art Of War.



Robert wanted to use the Art Of War quote as the opening gambit for the book. I'm not sure what his original reasons were at the time of asking but I have included it here. Basically, to me, it speaks of the edge. Hunter Thompson is famously quoted as saying:

"...the edge; there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones that have gone over..."

Now if I was solely in charge of this project that would have been my first choice for an opening quote. Maybe in time I can get Robert to change his mind. Who knows. Hopefully you guys can put some good old peer pressure on him via email!

I realize that we only have the opening to the book posted but I think you get the idea that Robert's experiences in January were as close to what I would call the edge as I think anyone should come.