A Threesome and a Scrap of Paper.

So I drop my wife off at the airport last night and begin making my way back over the hill to the safety of the valley when I get two calls.

First up was Robert, telling me he'd had lunch with Joel, spoke about Rudy's 'find' and that he wanted me to call Joel to try and make sure I understand what it is Joel's telling us.

These lawyers, why do they speak in legalese all the time?

The second call just as I was passing under the Getty was from the man himself, Mr. Katz. His advice, after a lengthy call, turned out to be to publish the paper that Rudy gave us.

Joel said that due to Rudy's act of ripping the paper in two and luckily retaining the half with the phone numbers and ID number on it our scrap becomes more ambiguous.

That apparently works in our favor. Don't ask me how, I am not a lawyer.

Joel then went on to say that in the event of our publishing the artifact and causing someone somewhere problems the worst they can do, due to the lack of corroborating evidence on our half of the page Rudy left us, is send a cease and desist letter from an attorney asking we remove it from the blog and either destroy it or return it.

If that happens then we will certainly give it back to Rudy! What he does then is up to him.

So.

In the next week or so Robert and I shall be posting an image that will hopefully begin to shed light on the situation post Barstow. All I am waiting for is to get the piece of paper from Rob himself so I can scan it and get it on the site for you all to see.

You'd think a guy who works in such a high tech environment would have a scanner at home!